Health and well-being have always been important to me. While I was in college studying psychology I developed an interest in understanding how our lifestyle affects the way that we eat and how we feel in our lives. This curiosity has led me down an interesting path of self-discovery and education that I never expected.
Throughout college and for a few years following I wasn’t exactly the picture of health. My life revolved around the next party and I didn’t think of the consequences of my lifestyle. The freshman 15 turned in to the freshman 30 and every year went up from there. Even though I was trying to understand health and food, I could not stop my bingeing on alcohol and drugs.
At 27, my weight topped off at 178 and the sadness that seemed to permeate my life became too much. I sought help to feel better emotionally and found an amazing mentor and friend who led me on a path of healing my spirit. The result had effects through my whole life in ways I never expected.
Within months of working together, I noticed that clothes I could not wear were too big for me. With no effort at all I started to lose weight and feel more energetic. Within 4 months I found myself at my ideal body weight, more energetic than I was as a kid. I had effortlessly lost 60 pounds. It all happened as I began to understand the connection between emotions and health.
I no longer craved alcohol or drugs and stopped living in bars every night of the week. I felt more connected than I ever.
This all happened while I was in graduate school studying nutrition. The transformation from when I entered school to when I graduated was amazing. I was unrecognizable to people who had known me for years as well as the teachers I was working with at the time.
My life had changed so drastically I began to seek out new groups to engage with. On the evening of New Year’s 1999 a series of events led me to the Zen Center of Syracuse (ZCS). Having healed my body, my next journey was to understand my spirit. I left my toxic job and moved into ZCS where I lived for 4 years, learning to quiet my mind and becoming more intimate with my love of food. I cooked for retreats and events at the center and had a business as a personal chef and caterer.
I continued to learn about food and enrolled at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. There, I began my true understanding of how the mind-body-spirit connection really works. I studied with experts in the field of nutrition and took my knowledge beyond the science facts I found in graduate school. I began applying my new understanding and built a successful business as a health coach.
My work continued until the birth of my twins and our family’s move to another state when they were 6 months old. Then, I found myself away from all family and friends for the first time in my life. I was home alone for long hours and did not sleep more than 4 consecutive hours a day for three years. My once strong and energetic body was again close to 180 pounds and I was emotionally exhausted.
My body was aching all the time and I lived on coffee and carbs. In fact, all I wanted to eat was bread and pasta. Basically I was the walking zombie they talk about!
To compound that, I was really unhappy in my life, in my relationships and as a mom. My life had become unbearable.
What I didn’t know at the time was that I was suffering from adrenal fatigue, a syndrome that results when the adrenal glands function below the necessary level. Adrenal Fatigue is most commonly associated with intense or prolonged stress.
So all those symptoms that I thought were due to my lack of willpower and depression, were actually not my fault, they were due to this very common but often undiagnosed condition.
Thankfully, an amazing medical intuitive detected that my adrenals were weak, and that’s when my A-HA moment happened: I realized I had adrenal fatigue and now could do something about it!
I put my nutrition education and advanced training in cutting-edge healing techniques to work and was able to heal my body, regain happiness and restore balance in my life in less than a year.
Today, my life is better than ever and now I’m ready to grow my business – BIG TIME! I’ve discovered that my true gift and passion is working with stressed out, burned-out executives as well as moms who are exhausted, in pain and sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.
I specialize in helping these women overcome chronic fatigue and adrenal fatigue syndromes, even if they haven’t been diagnosed.
Been There, Done That
When I say I understand how to help people regain their energy and create a healthy lifestyle, it comes from first hand experience. Twice in my life I have taken by body from inactive and overweight to strength, endurance and health.
If you are feeling like you need support to create well-being and health while you lose weight effortlessly, I can help. I say this not to boast but through personal experience.
I truly believe the body wants to be healthy and balanced and will achieve it under the right conditions. It is possible to heal not only the body but the mind and spirit as well with food and nutrition.
My work revolves around these key elements:
- Everything is Energy. Science has proven that every living thing has an energy body. While the exact nature and function varies based on the modality referenced, it is understood that when our energy body is out of balance so is our physical body. Eden Energy Medicine is woven throughout my coaching practice to create a renewed sense of vitality and well-being to the physical, mental and emotional bodies. In the words of energy medicine pioneer and founder, Donna Eden it is “the oldest, safest, most organic, and most accessible medicine there is”.
- A mind-body connection exists. The physical condition of our body and our mental outlook work synergistically with each other. We cannot have a balanced life when any one part or all of our mind, body and soul is not receiving the nourishment that it needs. Focusing on all three aspects allows us to realize our true potential as individuals.
- Life is full of choices and opportunities. When we set our minds to creating something the universe conspires to help us create it. By designing an environment that encourages change and growth we can realize our true purpose in life.
- Growth requires simultaneously teaching and learning. Holistic Energy Coaching is cutting-edge and continuously evolving. It evolves to fit each client and, as no two persons are identical, no two client programs are identical.
- Local and whole foods benefit ourselves and our society. Nature has a system all her own. One which we have yet to fully understand. Supplements and processed foods do not replace all of the components in a whole food. Additionally, the climate we live in provides the right foods to eat for every season. By knowing your farmer and/or buying foods grown in the region that you live, you not only support your community, you ensure that the foods you and your family eat support your health.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope you are able to take something valuable from your time here. Please contact me if you feel I can offer you something toward your journey to wellness. I am here to serve!
Love & Light,