Quinoa-Kale Salad is one of my favorite foods to keep on hand. It makes any greens that are seasonally available taste great. A filling snack with complete protein to sustain you for hours. Quinoa-Kale Salad can be served warm or cold and tastes even better the next day.
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Quinoa*, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 bunches Dark Green Leafy Vegetables**, chopped
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill, dried or 1 tablespoon fresh
- Combine water and quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed.
- In a large sauté pan heat olive oil and sauté onion and minced garlic cloves until translucent.
- Add chopped dark green leafy vegetable and cook until wilted.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, greens, chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and dill until thoroughly incorporated.
- Serve warm or cold. Makes great leftovers.
*Quinoa is a super grain that can be found in any natural food store. It adds a nice nutty flavor to meals where you would normally serve rice. Quinoa is a complete protein and a great source of several B vitamins, making it a substitute for people wanting to reduce carbohydrates in their diet. When preparing quinoa be sure to rinse the quinoa with water and a fine mesh colander until the water runs clear. This removes a bitter dust that clings to the quinoa. **Dark Green Leafy Vegetables - Kale, Collards, Escarole, Swiss Chard, Spinach or anything you have on hand.